Has solid consulting experience which positions him as an expert on planning and successfully implementing large scale projects, transformations and start-ups
Graeme Lowther is a managing partner with Salience Consulting. Graeme has broad experience helping clients define and implement large strategic change. Graeme’s areas of expertise focus on commercial negotiations, leading complex projects and strategic planning.
Graeme leads consulting engagements and client relationship management. His recent engagements:
- Delivering the strategy for the Oman Ministry of Transport and Communications for the creation of Oman Broadband, and acting as a lead for the delivery of the project to create the new company. Creation of Oman Broadband required a full spectrum of start-up activity, including business case, financial model, org design and recruitment and business processes.
- Supported the establishment of a program office in Qatar for the Qatar National Broadband Project. The PMO delivered management of vendors and oversight of infrastructure build during development of national broadband wholesale services roll-out
- Providing strategic investment advice to create a new subsea cable providing international transit capacity. Project included the development of business case for investment in the cable, analysis of capital expenditure, market and revenue analysis, cable design and routing and EZ permissions.
- Project leadership
- Negotiating and building & communicating case for change
- Strategic investment advice
- Business performance improvement
Prior to Salience, Graeme held full P&L authority at British Telecom Telconsult. Graeme was the Regional Director for Middle East and Africa and provided oversight of consulting engagements across MEA by managing the teams and maintaining client relationships at CxO/Ministerial level.
Recent Conference Participation
“Transforming Economies – The Evolution to the Digital Society” VIP Panel, FTTH Council MENA Conference, Kuwait, November 2016
“Exploring the impact of broadband connectivity to the digital economy” Huawei Broader Way Forum, UAE, April 2014
“Top 10 Challenges with national broadband network projects” Salience Whitepaper, June 2015
“Techniques for Assessing Supplier– Client Relationships in Outsourcing Projects” PA Consulting, UAE, 2006
“Delivering transforming technology deployments in developing nations” UAE University / UN Habitat, UAE, 1995
“Analyst Insight -Discussing the current trends in the Omani market”, CommsMEA magazine, October 2018
State University of New York, USA
Regional Director Middle East & North Africa
PA Consulting Group
AT&T Abu Dhabi