Salience assisted the Ministry of Trade, Tourism and Telecommunications of Republic of Serbia in developing an optimal policy for universal service obligations with respect to fixed broadband services (FB USO).
- Identify required changes to legal and regulatory framework to accommodate best practice
- Proposed draft language for amending legal and regulatory framework for:
- Minimum requirements for FB USO
- Case studies for FB USO financing options
- Candidate areas that will benefit from FB USO
- Procedures and selection criteria for operators
Salience provided recommendations for the best approach for Serbia to achieve FB USO based on the common practice regarding the provision of FB USO identified in the EU and West Balkans countries.