Version 1.0 (25-May-18)
Effective as of May 25, 2018.
- visit our main website (salience.consulting) or contact pages
- use our products http://www.salience.consulting/en/contactus.html and services;
- contact us concerning our products and services;
- are a subscribed reader or single requester of our publications;
- attend or register to attend our events (including online events) or other events in which Salience Consulting participates;
- complete surveys Salience Consulting has issued or commissioned;
- complete competition entries Salience Consulting has issued or commissioned;
- through telephone research of your organisation and your role in the organisation;
- through research of public resources to identify organisations and your role in the organisation;
- are provided to us as part of 3rd party data for inclusion in our future marketing campaigns and where consent has been provided for 3rd party marketing campaigns;
- supply products or services to Salience Consulting;
- have applied to work for Salience Consulting, or are current or former employees of Salience Consulting;
- What personal data we collect and process about you in connection with your relationship with us and through your use of our website, mobile applications and online services;
- Where we obtain the data from;
- What we do with that data;
- Who we transfer/disclose that data to;
- How we deal with your data protection rights;
- And how we comply with the data protection rules;
- All personal data is collected and processed in accordance with EU data protection laws.
In this policy, personal information means information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person. An identifiable person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, and online identifier or to one or more factors specific to his/her physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity.
Salience Consulting encourages you to review the privacy statements of websites you choose to link to from Salience Consulting so that you can understand how those websites collect, use and share your information. Salience Consulting is not responsible for the privacy statements or other content on websites outside of the Salience Consulting family of websites or portals.
Information you provide to Salience
Salience Consulting collects personal information from you when you contact us about our products or services or subscribe to any newsletters, including name, email address, postal address, telephone number and job title.
We will use this personal information:
To send you personalised communications which you have requested or may be of interest to you. These may include information about publications, webinars, events, surveys, product and service developments services. The lawful basis for processing your personal information for this purpose will be of “Legitimate Interest”.
Salience Consulting sometimes uses automated decision making and profiling to personalise and ensure the communications are relevant to you, with no significant effect on you or your rights. The lawful basis for processing your personal information for this purpose will be of “Legitimate Interest”.
Salience Consulting collects personal information from you when you register at or register to attend an event hosted by or participated at by Salience Consulting. The personal information collected may include your name, email address, telephone number and job title. The lawful basis for processing your personal information for this purpose will be “Legitimate Interest”.
Salience Consulting may also send you personalised communications which you have requested or may be of interest to you. These may include information about publications, webinars, events, surveys, and product and service developments. The lawful basis for processing your personal information for this purpose will be “Legitimate Interest”.
Salience Consulting may use automated decision making and profiling to personalise and ensure the communications are relevant to you, with no significant effect on you or your rights. The lawful basis for processing your personal information for this purpose will be “Legitimate Interest”.
Salience Consulting collects personal information from you when you apply to work for Salience Consulting, including name, email address, postal address, telephone number, employment history, education history and details of referees.
How Salience will use this personal information:
To complete the interview process, we will use your personal information to communicate with you, complete background checks where permitted by law and manage you application through the interview selection process. The lawful basis for processing your personal information for this purpose will be “Contractual Need”.
Salience Consulting also collects personal information from you when you work for Salience Consulting, including name, email address, postal address, telephone number, date of birth, employee identification number, bank details, national insurance number and emergency contact details.
How we will use this personal information:
To enable us to employ, pay and manage your work. The lawful basis for processing your personal information for this purpose will be “Contractual Need”.
In case of emergencies when will utilise your emergence contact details. The lawful basis for processing your personal information for this purpose will be in the employees “Vital Interests”.
To comply with applicable tax, employment and health & safety laws. The lawful basis for processing your personal information for this purpose will be “Compliance with Legal Obligations”.
Visitors to Salience Consulting website
When someone visits one of our sites (www.salience.consulting or other Salience brand web-sites) we use a 3rd party service, Google Analytics to collect details of website traffic and visitor information, including browser type, internet service provider, URLs of referring/exit pages, operating system, date/time stamp, information you search for, locale and language preferences, identification numbers associated with your devices, your mobile carrier, and system configuration information.
We use the website traffic and visitor information to improve our understanding of the use of the Salience Consulting websites and in order to determine what Salience Consulting services are the most popular. The lawful basis for processing your personal information for this purpose will be “Legitimate Interest”.
Salience Consulting may use “cookies” to help personalise and enhance your online experience when visiting our website (s).
A cookie is a text file that is placed on your hard disk by a Web page server. Cookies cannot be used to run programs or deliver viruses to your computer. Cookies are uniquely assigned to you, and can only be read by a web server in the domain that issued the cookie to you.
How long will Salience retain your personal information
Salience Consulting may retain and process your personal information as long as is needed to provide the product or service that you’ve elected to receive from us.
For personal information used by us, we will retain the data whilst accurate or responsive and if not, no longer actively use after 5 years.
Personal information obtained from 3rd parties for the Salience Consulting dataset will be recompiled on a regular basis to ensure the data is fresh and relevant.
Your rights concerning your personal information are:
- you can ask about the personal information we hold about you and we will show you;
- you can request your personal information is corrected and we will update the details and inform you when completed;
- you can object to your data being processed and we will stop processing your data once no longer required for performance of contract or legal obligations;
- you can object to receiving direct marketing communications from us and we will stop all communications by channel (email, post, telephone or SMS). In addition, any direct marketing communications you receive from us will always include a clear, simple method to ‘opt-out’ of future communications by channel.
- you can ask for your personal information to be erased, once no longer required for performance of contract or legal obligations, which we will complete bar keeping the minimal personal details to ensure we do not contact you again;
- Any request by you to no longer use your personal information by 3rd parties for commercial data information, will be completed.
Under certain circumstances, you have the right to:
Request confirmation that we hold personal information about you, and, if so, what that information is and why we are holding/using it.
Request access to your personal information (commonly known as a “data subject access request”). This enables you to receive a copy of the personal information we hold about you.
Request correction of the personal information that we hold about you. This enables you to correct any incomplete or inaccurate information we hold about you.
Request us to delete or remove personal information where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it.
Object to processing of your information where we are relying on a legitimate 3rd party interest for processing and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing.
Object where we are processing your personal information for direct marketing purposes.
Object to automated decision-making including profiling and you object to being subject of any automated decision-making by us using your personal information or profiling of you.
Request the restriction of processing of your personal information. This enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of personal information about you.
Request transfer of your personal information in an electronic, structured and useable format to you or to another party (commonly known as a right to “data portability”). This enables you to take your data from us in an electronically useable format and to be able to transfer your data to another party in an electronically useable format.
Under limited circumstances where you may have provided your consent to the collection, processing and transfer of your personal information for a specific purpose, you have the right to withdraw your consent for that specific processing at any time. Once we have received notification that you have withdrawn your consent, we will no longer process your information for the purpose or purposes you originally agreed to, unless we have another legitimate basis for doing so in law.
If you want to exercise any of these rights, then please contact Salience Consulting at email@example.com
You will not have to pay a fee to access your personal information (or to exercise any of the other rights). However, we may charge a reasonable fee if your request for access is clearly unfounded or excessive. Alternatively, we may refuse to comply with the request in such circumstances.
We may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to access the information (or to exercise any of your other rights). This is another appropriate security measure to ensure that personal information is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it.