Robert has been part of initial rollout or network upgrade teams, since 1997, on both operator and vendor side, in several countries in Europe, Middle East and Africa.
Expertise in cellular network infrastructure, site engineering and rollout management are his key competencies. Since 1997 he was part of initial rollout or network upgrade teams, on both operator and vendor side, in several countries in Europe, Middle East and Africa. Falk Safety Services – Tower and & Mast Climbing certification
Robert has hands on experience with all aspects of the cell site’s life cycle, ranging form site candidate selection, leasing and permitting, site design, cost and built, utility and HVAC, backhaul, radio access and antenna systems commissioning to multi operator site sharing. This experience, combined with his attention to detail and analytic approach allowed him, in his Construction and Project Manager positions, to deliver sound and reliable implementation planning, tracking and reporting.
His recent work includes:
• (Oman) Launching Awasr Oman – first fibre only broadband Internet service provider in the region
• (Oman) Launching Oman Broadband- first Country wide wholesale fibre broadband provider in the region
• (Qatar) Planning and strategic advisory support for the implementation of Qatar’s National Broadband Network project
• (Middle Eastern Country) Advising on the strategic, financial and planning aspects of a major telecom fibre broadband programme
• (Saudi Arabia) Leading on the business case and technical strategy for fibre based secure private government network
• Launch & interim management
• Management Consulting
• Technology & engineering
• Service Prototype development
• Subsea transit & capacity
• Next Generations Networks & Services
• Broadband Strategy
• Fibre Next Generations Networks business case
• Telecom investment cases
Technical University of Cluj-Napoca ROMANIA,
Working for Operators: Orange in Romania and Portugal, Vodafone in Romania
Working for Vendors: Motorola Inc, in Morocco and Algeria (bid) and Nokia UAE in Namibia, Tanzania, Morocco.
Robert also held non telecom related positions as Customer Service Manager at Philips Medical Systems and Project Engineer at ELI-NP research facility in Romania where the world most powerful laser (2 x 10 Petawatt) is assembled.