Salience was selected to deliver the creation of a National Broadband Plan, consistent with the European Union’s Digital Agenda, including the design of the network, the business case based upon a detailed demand analysis, and to deliver recommendations for improvements in government policy.
Salience delivered a full and detailed assessment of the scope of work to create a permitting function, and delivered a detailed plan for implementing towers permitting:
• Identify different incentives for investment and growth of fiber and identifying government initiatives to promote use by SME and enterprises.
• Enabling infrastructure supply legalization and clarity in wholesale markets and developing a viable investment framework covering all areas including under-served and rural areas (white spots)
• Evaluating options for better use of available infrastructure and recommendation on a viable model for use of utility and municipality fiber networks
• Enable efficient sharing of all relevant infrastructure
• Develop and deliver a proof of concept plan to verify the assumptions behind the recommended concept
• Delivered financial analysis of the available options to determine on a detailed area by area basis exactly which fixed and mobile broadband technology to deploy to maximize the STC market coverage at the most efficient financial spend.
• Prepared detailed financial models to demonstrate the most effective roll-out strategy and the proper technology to use in a given scenario.