Olusola joined Salience in 2018, to help telecoms operators define a product strategy, develop and implement products, whilst recommending extensions to roadmaps to enhance existing propositions. His academic background, work experience, and personal skills, allow him to be able to understand customer’s communication needs, business objectives, and be able to provide them with relevant solutions, that meet them.
Olusola’s career in global telecommunications began on the Cable & Wireless (Now Vodafone) graduate engineering scheme in 2006. Through the scheme he gained hands on experience in the design of international wide area networks, product management, sales and business development. Roles with responsibility for sales, solution implementation, and customer service in the UK public sector, and the Middle East and Africa business unit, give him a unique ability to understand business problems, and be able to link those problems to solutions that provide expected outcomes.
As one of the principal product managers within the connectivity team at Vodafone Group, he was responsible for defining and implementing the access strategy (xDSL, Ethernet, FTTx, TDM, Internet, Mobile Data, Satellite) supporting the delivery of the global connectivity products (IP-VPN, SD-WAN, and Dedicated Internet Access -DIA) across 182 countries and regions of the world. He also created the business cases for PoP (point of presence), and access investments, ROI analysis for the planned investment, optimisation of DIA & IP-VPN product P&L, and the review of high impact global WAN opportunities to identify cost effective solutions that aided Vodafone’s competitive advantage.
His recent work includes:
• (Oman) Launching Awasr Oman – first fibre only broadband Internet service provider in the region
• (Oman) Launching Oman Broadband- first Country wide wholesale fibre broadband provider in the region
• (Qatar) Planning and strategic advisory support for the implementation of Qatar’s National Broadband Network project
• (Middle Eastern Country) Advising on the strategic, financial and planning aspects of a major telecom fibre broadband programme
• (Saudi Arabia) Leading on the business case and technical strategy for fibre based secure private government network
• Launch & interim management
• Management Consulting
• Technology & engineering
• Service Prototype development
• Subsea transit & capacity
• Next Generations Networks & Services
• Broadband Strategy
• Fibre Next Generations Networks business case
• Telecom investment cases
Executive MBA (Merit)
Henley Business School, United Kingdom.
BEng Hons in Electrical & Electronics Engineering with a year in Industry (2.1)
University of Birmingham, United Kingdom.
Vodafone Group Plc
Principal Product Manager Fixed Connectivity
Arqiva UK Ltd
Product Manager Fibre Connectivity For Video Distribution
Arqiva UK Ltd
Account Manager Senior Data Communications
2E2 UK Ltd
External Account Manager
Cable and Wireless Worldwide
Graduate Engineer (Transmission, IP-Network, Field Enginering, & Product management)