Broad experience working in the telecom sector across Europe, Asia and the Middle East. Broadband Strategist. Leader of the New Operator Launch practice
Ivan is a founder and managing partner of Salience. He has been with the company since its launch in 2010 and is based in Dubai, UAE since 2008. Over 17 years of dedicated telecom experience across Europe, Asia and the Middle East.
Engagement Lead on a number of Salience projects, strategist on National Broadband enablement and lead on the New Operator Launch practice.
Ivan is board member of Salience, management team member and involved in setting the strategic vision and direction. He also has hands on approach in the financial and operational management of the company.
He is also a Board Member of Awasr Oman, the first regional fibre only operator.
His recent work includes:
• (Oman) Launching Awasr Oman – first fibre only broadband Internet service provider in the region
• (Oman) Launching Oman Broadband- first Country wide wholesale fibre broadband provider in the region
• (Qatar) Planning and strategic advisory support for the implementation of Qatar’s National Broadband Network project
• (Middle Eastern Country) Advising on the strategic, financial and planning aspects of a major telecom fibre broadband programme
• (Saudi Arabia) Leading on the business case and technical strategy for fibre based secure private government network
• Launch & interim management
• Management Consulting
• Technology & engineering
• Service Prototype development
• Subsea transit & capacity
• Next Generations Networks & Services
• Broadband Strategy
• Fibre Next Generations Networks business case
• Telecom investment cases
Ivan is a recognized thought leader, speaking frequently at Telecom conferences covering broadband strategy. He has contributed to several Salience whitepapers on National Broadband, Next Generations Access Networks and Fibre to the Home.
Recent Conference Participation
Panel session on “Impact of National Broadband on socioeconomic conditions, GDP growth, job creation and development of national services’” Broader Way Forum, Dubai, UAE, April 2014
“Opportunities and challenges in the media and telecom industry” – Macedonia 2025 Skopje, 1st November 2017
“The Middle East – Exploring the Subsea Terminal Hub between Europe and the Far East” – Subsea Middle East Summit 2018 Dubai, 5th of March 2018
“Fibre-like services with 5G Fixed Wireless Access” – 5G MENA conference Dubai, 9th April 2018
‘Submarine Cables: Structuring and Financing Options’,Salience Whitepaper, January 2015
‘Next Generation Access Networks: Policy & Regulatory Challenges’,Salience Whitepaper, November 2014
‘Top 10 Challenges with national broadband network projects’,Telecom Review, July 2014
‘The economics of rural broadband whitepaper’, Salience Whitepaper, March 2018
St Cyril and Methodius University, Macedonia
Computer Science and Engineering